Raman Revealed overview
Realise the full potential of your Renishaw Raman instrument
Three-day training workshop, Renishaw Plc, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire
25th-27th April 2023
Raman Revealed is a highly interactive, three-day course that combines tutorials and discussions with hands-on learning. You will collect Raman data on the inViaTM confocal Raman microscope and then analyse it using the latest WiRETM software. By the end of the course, you will understand the optimum analytical approach to use for your samples.
Note: The course is intended for attendees with a reasonable understanding of spectroscopy and we recommend that you have at least six months' of experience using a Renishaw Raman system before attending this workshop.
- Walkthrough of the inVia Raman microscope and spectrometer.
- Sample preparation and dealing with uneven sample surfaces.
- Sample imaging using white light microscopy.
- Collection of point Raman spectra.
- Understanding instrumental and experimental parameters for effective data acquisition including laser wavelength, laser power, grating, objective, and acquisition time.
- Collection of Raman map data.
- Fast Raman imaging techniques, StreamLine™ and StreamHR™.
- Data processing techniques including cosmic ray removal, baseline subtraction and truncation.
- Data analysis including curve fitting.
- Spectral library searching and creating libraries.
- Creating Raman images with univariate and multivariate analysis.
- An afternoon session with the opportunity to discuss your own samples and data with application scientists.
The training workshop will run for three days, Tuesday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4pm. However, the final afternoon (Thursday 1pm - 4pm) will be optional to attend and will involve specific applications support and dedicated discussions with applications scientists about your own samples, workflows and additional software features.
£1500 for all three days.
The price includes course materials, lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance. Travel and accommodation are not included.
The workshop will take place at Renishaw's UK headquarters in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, for more information click here.
Please complete the online form to register your interest.
If you have any questions about these training workshops, please call Renishaw Spectroscopy Products Division on +44 (0) 1453 523514 or email email@example.com